Most people starting out in online marketing want to know what the best affiliate programs are. Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to that question. Every program has its own pros and cons, so you’ll need to do your research before deciding which one is right for you. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the most popular options and discuss the things you should keep in mind when choosing an affiliate program. Let’s get started!
What Are Affiliate Programs?
Amazon Associates is one of the first online affiliate marketing programs and was launched in 1996. The Amazon Associates program has a more than 12-year track record of developing solutions to help website owners, Web developers, and Amazon sellers make money by advertising millions of new and used products from Amazon.com and its subsidiaries, such as Endless.com and SmallParts.com. When website visitors click on an Associate’s link to Amazon.com, they will be taken to Amazon.com where they can learn more about the product or purchase it. If they do buy the product, the Associate will earn a commission on the sale.
It’s really simple: You promote products on your website and when somebody buys a product using your affiliate link, you earn a commission.
How do affiliate programs work?
In order to run a successful business, you need to find ways to generate leads and sales. One popular method is to join an affiliate program. With an affiliate program, you earn commission on sales that you generate. Typically, you will receive a small percentage of the sale price, but the more expensive the product, the higher the commission. In order to join an affiliate program, you will need to apply and be accepted into the program. Once you are a member, you will be given a unique affiliate link that you can use to promote products on your website or blog. When a visitor clicks on your affiliate link and makes a purchase, you will earn commission on the sale. While it can take some time to generate sales, affiliate programs can be a great way to earn passive income.
The 5 Best Affiliate Programs for Beginners
As an affiliate marketer, you are essentially an online salesperson. You promote and sell products on behalf of companies and earn a commission on each sale that you make. If you are just starting out in the affiliate marketing world, it can be overwhelming to try to figure out which programs to join. There are literally thousands of affiliate programs out there, ranging from big name brands to small niche sites.
Fortunately, there are a few affiliate programs that are particularly well-suited for beginners. Here are five of the best:
1) Amazon Associates: Amazon is one of the biggest and most well-known ecommerce sites in the world. As an Amazon Associate, you can promote any of the millions of products that they sell and earn a commission on each sale that you make. The program is free to join and they provide all of the tools and resources that you need to get started.
2) Clickbank: Clickbank is an affiliate network that specializes in digital products. This means that you can promote things like ebooks, software, and online courses. The commissions are generally quite high, making this a great program for those who are able to generate sales.
3) CJ Affiliate: CJ Affiliate is another large affiliate network with a wide range of products and services to choose from. They have a fairly extensive approval process, but once you’re approved you’ll have access to a huge range of potential advertisers.
4) ShareASale: ShareASale is a smaller affiliate network but it’s still packed with high-quality advertisers. One nice thing about this program is that they offer monthly payments, which can be helpful if you have trouble getting paid by some of the other networks.
5) Rakuten Marketing: Rakuten Marketing used to be known as LinkShare and they’re one of the oldest affiliate networks around. They have a large selection of advertisers and they’re known for being reliable and easy to work with.